Friday, July 27, 2012

I am loving it....

I really like the idea in the movies when they weave the story going back and forth adding spice to the story, playing flashback.... I am quiet a movie buff and hence the slice of life which is presented on 70 mm screen greatly intrigues me. When directors speak that movie should connect with the audience, I stand a testimony to their claim.

Seeing Slumdog Millionaire invoked in me great many ideas but the most important thing that I related with was that the protagonist always had a real life story related to the questions asked and to the replies he gave. I find myself sailing into the same boat. I wonder if my life is more interesting and adventurous than others? If it is, then be it....I like it that way!

Though I have umpteen incidents that I can cite here, but I would only stick to today's...

I am based out of Bangalore and is presently travelling to Chennai...I find train journeys really exciting; where air travel makes you cover great distances in short span of time, train journeys allow you to take time of your busy schedule, know people, talk to them and provide you all the time to do so in an anticipation of reaching the destination. I have often observed people during their travel through train are more receptive and look forward to talk unlike travelers of air, who would often get engaged in their fancy gadgets with the ear plugged to ipods, creating and enjoying their own bubble space.

Bangalore to Chennai is precisely 5 hours of travel and Shatabadi is usually on time. With Bangalore you are never sure of the traffic, so people advise to take a healthy margin ...as I result I landed myself at Majestic 1 hour prior to the train's scheduled time. Given my talkative nature, I always find someone to talk to ...I met this female who happen to servicing the same industry as I am...as the conversation grew one question that is surely asked is so how are you finding Bangalore( people I am from North)....this question always makes it way whether you are in office, or with friends, or with total strangers ..like the case today...

People I have to admit that I have spend considerable time in Maximum City, our financial capital and in Delhi, dill walaon ki dilli( so much so ki her koi apne dil ke darshan karane ko tyaar rehta hai...pls dont read this as any kind of hatred towards the city...Delhi ki baat hi kuch aur hai!) but the balance in terms of attitude and professionalism I find here has made me surrender my heart to the city. Clean city, beautiful climate and educated crowd just makes Bangalore irresistible...I have to live here to experience it yourself!

Talking of Bangalore reminds me of an incident some 2 months back... accompanied by my husband at 4 in the morning ( which i literally midnight for both of us)...we were at the outskirts of the city when the petrol indicator indicated towards a long misery that we were about to witness...I have to tell you here that everything closes in Bangalore by 11, if not earlier, not a soul in vicinity except the sleeping truck drivers and petrol pump some 15 kms away...it scared shit out of me...waiting there for almost 15 mins, we realized the dawn has started breaking- a view that both of us really unfamiliar with! Must have seen this time in school days during boards, however...few souls that get up early and travel up and down to the city for their living started passing by...to my amazement people, who were  literally pressed for time, stopped themselves to offer help, the first one was an elderly guy on scooter, but unfortunately you cant suck out petrol from it, next was a guy on luna who though had all bonafide intention yet couldn't help...feeling the guilt of unable to help he stopped and started stopping the people on bike asking in regional language...it took us good 45 minutes to buy half a liter of petrol..pulled out from someone's bike...that man on Luna charmed me that day!

I don't use smartphone as I have butterfingers...but that very moment for the first time I felt the need for one...i so wanted to share of how places make to throw the old age wisdom that everyone in NORTH is taught right from the day they start going to pre-nursery school...Don't talk to strangers, don't stop for them, don't hear them and never take anything from them...Bangalore made me rewrite that convention( though I have never been a good follower)...

And yes I replied to that unknown stranger that I love Bangalore and have no intention of leaving it anytime soon...u have no fear in the night, you can wear as much gold as you want without even the slightest worry that it will get robbed or snatched, people( except the government employees) are honest to the core...

Travelling on this journey as I peep out of the window, mesmerizing greenery, brightly colored houses, honest simple people does inspire you to to be simple and honest(atleast to yourself)...I am glad we could experience this city for whatever time our destiny decides ....

On the sojourn...I am most satisfied...ready to experience more the city has to offer..

Amazing city Bangalore
How do you say" Finder Keeper, Loser Weeper"!

No comments: